Do we research too much on the internet for the things we wanna buy? What about the good old days when all we did was visit the store to buy whatever we needed rather than spending hours looking it up on the net and then not buying it at all.
Things are different now...I can't say whether it is good or bad but we do research too much...especially us IT ppl...we have Google at our disposal...we have access to IE/Chrome...access to amazing broadband speed...and plenty of time at work to look up on the internet and pretend we are busy working!
But, does so much research really help? Do we even know the source behind all those review comments that we read and trust. Sometimes, when I am reading rave reviews about a product, I do wonder if the person writing the comments is working for the same company...maybe he/she has a profit share in the sales! Or, how do we know, that someone writing negative comments about a product may very well be the competition. Well, guess what, we'll never know.
So really, can we trust review comments by faceless names...by people we don't even know for sure exist? So does the hours of research we do on the internet before buying something really helps? Nah! but I would still do it anyways. I may not follow it blindly but I would still look up a product on the net and see what's the buzz about it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment